- You will only be rostered to volunteer if you are scheduled to play at our home ground.
- Unless you have work or family commitments that impact you on game day, it’s very likely that you will be scheduled to volunteer 2-3 times throughout the season. Please let us know if you’re not available by completing the survey.
- We understand that some people may not be comfortable umpiring or scoring yet, so we will take this into account with our rostering.
- It’s a great way to meet new people from across the club! Get amongst it
It’s been great to be back at training over the past few weeks, and awesome to see such a great turnout, including a bunch of new players. The MU Cricket Club has finished up their season, so we have the Melbourne Uni Oval and the nets for training from this Wednesday 30 March. For our new players, if you have footy boots or cleats we recommend that you bring them, as well your runners for the hitting tunnels.
IMPORTANT DATES // APRIL
- Thursday night hitting @ Melbourne Uni: we expect this will start up over the next 2-3 weeks!
- Saturday morning training @ Ross Straw: save the date for training on Saturday 9 April and Saturday 16 April. We’ll share more information about the timing later this week.
- First game of the season: Saturday 23 April for Men’s & Sunday 24 April for Women’s
- Fees deadline: your BV + club fees need to be paid by Saturday 30 April. We’ll share more information about this at training this week.
Come and try baseball at Melbourne Uni! All players of all genders, ages and abilities are welcome.
- Wednesday 2 & 9 March 2022
- Beaurepaire Hockey Pitch @ Melbourne Uni
- No gear necessary, but if you have it, feel free to bring it
- Please wear flat soled shoes (no cleats)
If you’re new to Melbourne Uni, sign up here to receive info about training and the upcoming Winter season: http://eepurl.com/dt-o15
Bring a gold coin for our post-training BBQ (EFTPOS will also be available)
Please share to spread the word by sharing our Facebook post!
Awarded at last night’s AGM, the UMBC committee is proud to announce James Dann’s installation as a Life Member of the University of Melbourne Baseball Club!
James joined the club in 2009 and has played consistently since then. James has played predominantly in the Third IX and managed the team in multiple seasons. He won the club’s Roy Gross Memorial Award for Most Improved Player in 2009. He’s represented the club at Winter State Carnivals in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
James has also played a leadership role in growing and fostering the club’s connection to Uni Games, as a player (2009, 2010 – bronze medal, 2011, 2019), coach (2012 – gold medal, 2013 – gold medal, 2014 – bronze medal, 2015), and manager (2019). In 2013, the Uni Games team James coached was awarded UniMelb Sport Team of the Year, and in 2019 he was awarded a Half Blue by Melbourne University Sport.
Our AGM took place last night (in person!) at the Clyde, and we bid farewell to departing members and welcome new members to the fold. We also congratulated James Dann on his installation as a new Life Member to the University of Melbourne Baseball Club!
Tom Andronas stepped down as President after 5 years in the role, Irfan Fadhiel stepped down as Secretary after 2 years and Benji White stepped down as Treasurer after 5 years. We are incredibly grateful for the service and commitment of each of these club leaders over the past few years. The club is in a strong position coming into the 2022 Winter season, and we hope to build on the sustainable foundation these leaders have laid down.
We are excited to announce our Executive Committee for 2022:
- President: Megan Kelly
- Vice President: Nick Sherlock
- Secretary: Jordan Sinnamon
- Treasurer: Kyle Harper
We also welcome new committee student members Anisha Bunsee and Dylan Kitney, and our returning committee members Jack Chang, Taylor Field and Kevin Hendler. We farewell Jenny Liu as a committee member, but we’ll be sure to see her volunteering around the club next year!
The committee is looking forward to 2022 and we’re optimistic that we can get through the season without too many pandemic-related hiccups and some more in-person social events (as much as we love online trivia!)
It’s a pleasure to introduce and sincerely thank our new club sponsors, who have signed up to our Angel Investor Program!
- Harold Perks, current player, Director & Architect at Hames Sharley
- Ion Whykes, past player, Director & Representative at YX Ball Financial
- Richard Simpson, past president, Estate Agent & Auctioneer at W. B. Simpson & Son
- Tom Andronas, current president, Director at The Content Engine
- Joshua Licence, past player, Digital Advisor at Apparatus Quo
- Richard King, life member
- Brendan Edwards, past player, Director at Aligned for Life Pilates
- Scott Haywood, Financial Adviser at The Finance Guru
- Brandon Tikalsky, past player
- Rod McLellan, past player
- Tony Cornish, past player
- Jim Bates, Ryan Bates, Sam Bates, past players
- A number of contributors who have asked to remain anonymous
Thank you all! Your support is invaluable to the club!
There will more info about our sponsors over the next few weeks, including how we all can support them in return, but in the meantime if you see tham around the club, please say thanks!
Hey there! Thanks for visiting the University of Melbourne Baseball Club website. For our online store and Fantasy Baseball access, please visit the SmallBaller website http://smallballer.co/store/
If you would like to enquire about joining our club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to keep up with the latest news and match information, feel free to like our page on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/unimelb.baseball/) or join the group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/umbaseball/).
Get your teams ready for Melbourne Uni’s first Lawn Bowls Championship. Take bragging rights for the rest of the season, and look down on all others whilst holding up the Championship trophy*
$10 for pre-purchased tickets
$15 at the door
Here is the link to prepurchase tickets
I hope your summer season or holidays went well.
The first training session has been announced as 5pm Wednesday 5th March at the cricket nets next to the football oval on campus. If this is your first time just bring along runners, a water bottle, and a glove (if you have one).
Hitting session times will be announced soon
See you there, Jimmy